Introduction to the UK Thrombosis Research Network (UK-TReN)
What is UK-TReN?
This is an informal clinician-led network of healthcare professionals with an interest in thrombosis research. It was formed as an off-shoot from the Haematology CRN group by a small number of haematologists.
- To create a multi-disciplinary network of individuals interested in or actively pursuing thrombosis research
- To increase the number of CRN portfolio adopted studies pertaining to thrombosis
- To increase clinician/scientist collaboration in thrombosis
- To join INVENT, thereby enhancing international collaboration
Who can join?
Anyone who is interested in thrombosis research!
All allied health professionals, doctors, midwives, nurses, and scientists are welcome.
What are the benefits of joining?
- Ease of access to research-active multi-disciplinary collaborators nationally
- Cross-fertilisation between basic scientists and clinicians
- Influence the future direction of UK-TReN as it forms
- Future access to INVENT benefits (if application successful) https://www.invent-vte.com/
- access to funding opportunities (Dragons’ Den Competition; Kickstarter Awards, ISTH-INVENT Fellowship Awards) and resources
- Training/networking opportunities for HaemSTAR/other registrar groups
- participate in network collaborations, projects, and educational seminars
- participate in networking events
- Voting on INVENT Council with international key opinion leaders to help foster international collaboration in clinical VTE research (2 Council members/country)
How can I be more involved?
Watch presentations from Prof Simon Noble and Prof Dan Horner, given at the inaugural UK-TReN meeting held on 28th March 2023, and find out how you can become involved and part.
For more information on TiLLI, and to register your interest, please click on this link. Please note this does not formally commit you or your site to participation.
For the research project SERENITY – "Towards Cancer Patient Empowerment for Optimal Use of Antithrombotic Therapy at the End of Life", funded by the European Commission’s HORIZON programme, we are inviting physicians across Europe to participate in a short survey on the management of antithrombotic therapy during the end-of-life care of cancer patients.
If you are interested in participating in the survey, please pre-register using the following link: SERENITY Physician Survey - Pre-registration
Please find comprehensive information on the SERENITY Physician Survey at: CTH-Mainz.de | Clinical Studies » SERENITY (unimedizin-mainz.de).
For more information on SERENITY, please also visit: https://serenity-research.eu/.
- Watch presentations from Prof Simon Noble and Prof Dan Horner, given at the inaugural UK-TReN meeting held on 28th March 2023, and find out how you can become involved and part.
- SERENITY Physician Survey, Pre-registration
- SERENITY Physician Survey
- Spread the word - invite your colleagues, collaborators, approach your specialist society to further promote the network
- Share ideas across the network (email communications can be disseminated by Dr Lara Roberts below)
How do I join?
On behalf of UK-TReN steering committee:
Prof Raza Alikhan, Dr Deepa Arachchillage, Dr Catherine Bagot, Dr Gary Benson, Dr Tina Biss, Dr Richard Buka, Dr Nikki Curry, Jo Jerrome, Dr Gill Lowe, Dr Jayna Mistry, Prof Nikki Mutch, Dr Lara Roberts.